Putting a garage on your property is a great way to add a flexible space that can be used as not just a garage but also as storage, a workshop, or even an additional room. When it comes to building a garage, consider a prefabricated metal garage kit. They are extremely durable, long-lasting, and easy to assemble, especially when compared to garages built from the ground up on-site.
However, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to metal garage kits. As such, identifying the right option for your needs and purposes can be a challenge. Fortunately, the following guide explains the various considerations and features to look for when choosing a steel garage kit in Canada.
Convenience Behind Getting Customized Garage Kits in Ontario
Garage kits are designed to provide convenience and efficiency in terms of construction. The pre-engineered components are made with precision based on your specifications and come with detailed assembly instructions so that they can be put together easily and quickly.
At Toro, we provide both residential and commercial garage kit options, which means you can customize a garage shop that fits just one car or a fleet of vehicles. Each garage kit is manufactured using Galvalume Plus Steel, known as one of the most durable metals available today.
Our garage kits are easy to customize to fit your specific needs. In addition to choosing the dimensions you need, you can also add various features, including windows, personnel doors, sliding doors, insulation, vents, and much more. The ability to customize your garage right from manufacturing is ideal.
Why Steel Garage Kits are so Popular in Ontario
A metal garage kit is prefabricated, which means it can be delivered quickly and assembled on-site easily. Even if you’ve customized your garage, you won’t have to wait for different parts to come in, like people often find themselves doing when building on-site from the ground up.
It also means that for less complex projects, the actual construction doesn’t require a professional construction crew. As such, not only do you save money buying a garage kit instead of building one from scratch, but your garage will be completed much faster, as well.
Finally, steel garage kits provide owners with a lot of versatility. A metal garage shop can be used for any number of purposes. If you were using it to store your car and you decide to turn it into a workshop at some point in the future, you can do so with ease.
Also Read: Why are Garage Kits So Popular in Ontario?
9 Things to Consider When Buying a Steel Garage Kit
If you’ve decided to invest in a steel garage kit, then there are a few things that you’ll want to consider before making the purchase. The following are nine things to consider when buying a metal garage kit to make sure you get the perfect option for your needs:
- Usability of a Garage Kit: A detached garage may be used for a variety of purposes, such as parking cars and trucks, storing tools and equipment, or even creating a workshop. Take some time to consider the primary use for the garage, and make sure to choose a kit that is designed for that purpose. For example, if you want to use it to store a vehicle, you’ll need a kit that comes with sliding or roll-up doors. If you want the garage to function as a workspace, you may want to add windows and vents.
- Dimensions: One of the most important aspects to consider when buying a steel garage kit is the size. You’ll want to make sure that the inside dimensions are large enough for whatever you plan to store or use in it, as well as take into consideration any other features or accessories you may want to add. Be sure to think about your potential future needs as well.
- Reliability and Protection: The steel garage kit you buy should be able to withstand the weather conditions in your area. Steel is a durable material, but if you live in a certain climate, you may need to make sure that your building will be able to handle certain snow and wind loads.
- Durability: Steel garage kits are designed to last for many years. However, you should make sure that the kit you buy is made from high-quality materials. This way, you can be sure that your steel garage will remain in top condition for as long as possible. For example, we use Galvalume Plus Steel, which is widely regarded as one of the highest-quality metals available for metal garage kits.
- Look for the Cost: While many locations may promise great prices, they often come with hidden fees. We use a True Pricing model, which means that we quote you for the exact building you need in your area without any additional costs.
- Obtain Permits: Before you purchase a metal garage kit, make sure to check with your local authorities about any restrictions that may be in place for building detached structures. Odds are, you’ll need a permit, and you’ll want to make sure that your new garage meets all the necessary requirements.
- Eco-Friendly Kit: A metal garage is already going to be more eco-friendly than a wood garage, as it will last much longer and require less maintenance. Not to mention, metal is recyclable, making it one of the most sustainable materials available. Additionally, if you buy a prefabricated metal building kit, you won’t be contributing to the environmental cost of sourcing materials for your garage from all over the world.
- Go With Sleek Designs: When it comes to design, you should look for sleek styles that will complement the exterior of your home or business without taking away from it. This way, your new garage will look like it belongs on your property.
- Pay Attention to Building Time: Another factor to consider when buying a metal garage kit is how long it will take to assemble. Building kits come with all the necessary parts and components to quickly and easily put your garage together.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Steel Garage
At Toro, we offer the highest-quality steel garage kits to Ontario homeowners and businesses. Our detached metal garages come in a wide range of sizes, styles, and configurations, so you can find the perfect match for your needs. Rest assured that your new steel garage will last for many years to come.