Construction projects have traditionally been labour-intensive undertakings requiring weeks to months to complete. The use of metal has made it easier to construct stronger, more reliable, and cost-effective buildings. Despite these advancements, some steel building vendors still require you to hire contractors and rent expensive specialized equipment. At Toro, many of our metal building kits are simple enough that you do not need to hire outside help. This means you will not need to buy unexpected supplementary tools and materials or slow down the construction.
At Toro, we pride ourselves on:
- Providing industry-leading metal building kits.
- Our design and build expertise which allows you to work directly with our designers and engineers.
- Offering an authentic DIY construction experience with no special tools, equipment, or skills required with many of our metal buildings.
Things To Consider When Assembling Our Metal Building Kits
Our prefabricated metal buildings arrive on site cut to size, welded, and clearly labelled, ready for assembly. When the building kit arrives, all you need to do is unload the materials and start assembling the kit on your pre-prepared foundation. Below are some tips and things to keep in mind while unloading, handling, and assembling your metal building kit.
- Clear your job site. Ensure that you have sufficient space for the truck to access your foundation and to store the building materials upon delivery.
- Wear protective safety gear, including safety shoes, gloves, a helmet, and protective eyewear.
- Plan how you’re going to get the building materials off the truck.
- Remember that safety is paramount and that the least handled materials are the safest. Plan where each part of the building kit will be placed as it comes off the truck. Unload in a manner that makes it easy to get the materials where they need to be.
- Have a clear understanding of what is in each bundle before you start unloading so that you know where precisely to position it.
- Have 2x4s on hand. You don’t want to place the materials directly on the ground where mud or water could damage them.
- Upon delivery of your prefabricated metal building kit, inspect it thoroughly to ensure no damage was incurred during shipping, and compare it to the purchase order. If you find any shortages or damage, reach out to our team within 60 days, and we will be happy to help.
Handling and storage
- We recommend that you only handle the building kit when necessary. The more you move materials around, the higher the risk of damage and injury.
- Avoid storing your metal sheeting in its bundles to prevent moisture buildup. If something like inclement weather stops you from starting assembly right away, ensure that the materials remain as dry as possible. We recommend keeping them off the ground, elevating one end to prevent pooling, and covering the materials with a non-plastic tarp.
- Our prefabricated metal buildings arrive on-site with easy-to-read, step-by-step assembly instructions. Make sure you read these instructions carefully and understand them before you start assembling.
- Although most of our arch buildings and the smaller, simpler straight-wall buildings are easy to assemble with limited skill and people, bigger buildings will require you to seek the assistance of professional contractors. If it is possible to complete the assembly without professional help, make sure you have enough people to execute the project safely. Although you don’t need to be experts, make sure you understand the assembly instructions, safety guidelines, and wear the proper safety gear.
- Enjoy the process. Construction projects can often be very draining. Therefore, make sure you take a few steps back and admire the structure you’ve built yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Prefab Metal Buildings
What is included in my quote for the steel building kit?
Toro offers true pricing. This means that the final price you pay for your metal building represents the total cost for the building to be engineered to your exact location, as well as the cost of any additional requests such as metal building insulation. We work with each customer individually to meet their unique requirements and provide the most accurate and true pricing for their project.
What options and finishes do you offer?
We offer a wide selection of finishes and building options to meet your needs and preferences. Our highly resourceful team works directly with you to help you decide on any finishes and accessories as they apply to your structure choice.
Are prefab buildings expensive?
No. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Prefab steel buildings are one of the most economical building solutions available today. With regards to materials, steel buildings are specifically engineered for your project, which means you only buy the materials that you need and nothing more. This also means you save money on waste cleanup during and after construction. Prefab steel buildings are also easier and much faster to construct, allowing you to save money on time and labour expenses. Lastly, steel buildings are highly durable, which translates into lifelong cost savings on repair and maintenance.
Do I need a foundation for a prefab building?
The first thing you need to ensure before you get started is that the land where you intend to put up the building is level and solid with a foundation. This is extremely important and will impact whether you encounter problems down the road. Wall shifts, leaks, and other structural issues may arise if the foundation is not laid correctly.
We Offer Easy-to-Assemble Metal Buildings
We understand that you have many options for metal building companies in Ontario. This is why we go above and beyond to provide you with a great experience. All our structures are designed and built under strict quality controls and standards to ensure that we deliver the best product for you at great prices. Our building solutions have extensive applications cutting across residential and commercial needs.
When you order from us, our specialized team of designers, engineers and customer service specialists will work with you from start to finish to ensure that you get the best value for your investment. We also have metal buildings for sale that meet a wide range of needs. Reach out to us today to get a quote for your next project.