Each plane your business owns is an expensive asset. As such, it’s important to ensure these investments are protected against deterioration from exposure or damage from natural disasters.
One of the best ways to protect your planes is by investing in a high-quality metal aircraft hangar. An airplane hangar will protect your planes, helicopters, aviation equipment, and personnel from the elements. By building a hangar, you can ensure your airplanes last as long as possible.
Why Choose Prefabricated Metal Aircraft Hangars Instead of Traditional Structures?
At Toro, we offer customizable prefabricated metal aircraft hangars, which means that the components are pre-made at the factory and then shipped and assembled on-site. There are countless advantages to choosing a prefabricated metal aircraft hanger over building one from the ground up out of other materials. These advantages include:
- Longevity: Steel is proven to be extremely durable and resilient against all types of weather, including high winds. A prefabricated steel aircraft hangar can last for decades with minimal maintenance.
- The Construction Process Is Fast: Because prefabricated components are pre-made and shipped to the construction site, assembly is quick. This means your aircraft hangar will be ready for use much faster than a traditional building. Additionally, prefabrication makes the construction process more streamlined and efficient, as you won’t end up having to wait for materials from multiple suppliers.
- Easy Maintenance: Traditional buildings are more prone to damage, requiring regular repairs and maintenance. Steel aircraft hangars require only minimal maintenance due to how durable they are. Not to mention, metal is easier to keep clean than other materials, like wood or concrete.
- Corrosion and Pest Resistance: We use Galvalume Plus steel, which is a strong and corrosion-resistant material. This prevents your steel aircraft hangar from rusting or corroding, which can be a major concern in areas with high humidity or salt water. Additionally, metal is not susceptible to termite infestations or other pests, unlike wood.
- Designed for Your Needs: Our steel structures are personalized to your location and intended use. This means that they will meet the wind and snow load requirements in your area, giving you confidence that your hangar will last.
- Easy Climate Control: Steel is an excellent insulating material. Combined with its overall strength and the option to add insulation, it is easy to control the climate inside your aircraft hangar.
- Environmentally Friendly: Since steel is recyclable, it’s much better for the environment than other materials. Additionally, a well-built metal aircraft hangar can last for decades with minimal maintenance and repairs, meaning there’s no need to keep replacing or rebuilding your structure every few years, contributing to less waste and pollution.
What’s The Standard Size for an Aircraft Hangar?
The size of a metal aircraft hangar typically depends on the type and number of planes you need to house in it. We customize our metal airplane hangars to meet the size specifications of our customers. In general, the sizes tend to range from 30’ x 40’ to 240’ x 250’ in size.
What Factors Influence the Cost of a Steel Airplane Hangar?
The primary factor is the size of the hangar. The bigger the hangar is, the more it will cost since it will require more materials and components to manufacture. However, the number of features you decide to include in your metal aircraft hangar will also affect the cost. For instance, the inclusion of certain types of aircraft hangar doors, insulation, and other features will affect the cost.
What Are the Requirements of a Good Aircraft Hangar Site?
To prepare a good aircraft hangar site, it’s important to consider factors such as access to coupling sources like electricity, water, and other essential infrastructures. The site should also be located on a flat terrain and have great drainage. Additionally, there should be ample space for maneuverability when parking or taking off from the hangar.
Lastly, you should consider any local regulations or zoning laws that may be applicable to the construction of an aircraft hangar. Taking into account all of these factors will help make sure that your aircraft hangar is optimized for safety, convenience, and efficiency.
Reliable Steel Helicopter Storage
Due to how customizable our metal buildings are and how flexible our steel hangars are, they are also an effective solution for helicopter storage. We can design our hangars with a clear-span interior, meaning there won’t be any obstructions in the hangar. This allows for easy maneuverability and efficient use of space.
Additionally, our steel hangars can be designed to accommodate a variety of sizes and configurations, so you don’t have to worry about fitting your helicopter into the space.
FAQs on Steel Buildings for Aircraft Hangars
The following are some of the most common questions we get asked about metal aircraft hangars:
How Expensive Is a Metal Airplane Hangar?
Your hangar is designed to meet your location and usage and follow our true pricing model. This means that you pay for only what you need. Typically, however, metal airplane hangars are more affordable than their concrete counterparts. This is in part because everything is prefabricated, making it more cost-effective than sourcing materials from various suppliers. Additionally, you won’t have to pay nearly as much in labour costs assembling a prefabricated metal airplane hangar.
What Is the Assembly Time Required?
Because our metal building components are prefabricated and the fastener holes are pre-punched, assembling our steel aircraft hangar takes much less time than traditional building structures. Depending on the size and complexity of the hangar, assembly can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. The number of people needed for assembly also varies based on the size.
Can I Get a Certified Airplane Hangar?
Yes, we offer certified aircraft hangars that are designed and manufactured to meet all local or federal codes and standards. You can rest assured knowing that your metal aircraft hangar will be fully compliant with any applicable regulations.
Will My Airplane Hangar Be Noisy During Downpours or Hailstorms?
Generally, rain or hail is not much louder on steel than on asphalt. If you add one of our insulation packages to your metal aircraft hangar, it can help to reduce noise during downpours or hailstorms. The insulation has the added benefit of keeping the temperature inside the hangar at a comfortable level.
Get Excellent Quality Steel Buildings for Aircraft Hangars
At Toro, we specialize in the construction of high-quality metal buildings and aircraft hangars. Each structure is designed and engineered to meet all safety standards while being extremely durable and cost-effective. Our team can work with you to customize your hangar so it meets your specific requirements and budget.
With decades of experience in the industry, you can trust us to provide you with an excellent steel aircraft hangar that will last for many years. Contact us online or call us at 1-877-870-8676 to request a quote today.
- Why Steel Buildings are Excellent Aircraft Hangars
- Trust in a Steel Airplane Hangar for your Aircraft and Aviation Equipment