For most people, the idea of constructing any structure sounds very daunting. For starters, it is not a small investment. Secondly, many assume it takes a lot of time to go from an empty lot to a ready-to-use building. If you are to invest your hard-earned money and valuable time, it is important to know that it is well worth the effort. A high-quality building will facilitate your needs for many decades while remaining in great condition. This is precisely the reason why metal garages from Toro are so popular.
Our metal garages are precisely designed and engineered with strength and durability in mind, ensuring that your steel garage building can withstand even the harshest conditions for decades. Over the 30 years we’ve been in business, our metal garages have proved to be an industry benchmark for practicality, versatility, durability, and cost-effectiveness.
What Makes Metal Garages So Popular?
One of the key reasons why metal garage buildings are so popular is the wide range of choices available and the selection of features that can be incorporated. The net effect is that metal garages can comfortably meet the needs and requirements of practically every user, including those with specific needs. Some beneficial features include:
Size of the Metal Garages
Metal garages allow you to securely and comfortably store anything from a single car to a large commercial fleet. You can also include a service centre or office in the structure. Though smaller in size, one-car garages have plenty of space to house everything you need, including your vehicle. Many families often go with a two or three-car steel garage so they can use the additional space as storage, a home office, a workshop, or a man-cave.
They are also perfect for all sizes of commercial garages, allowing service shops to safely accommodate all their tools and equipment within the building. To decide on the size of garage you need, you need to consider the amount of space available for construction and the design that you think best fits your needs.
Side Entry Metal Garage
Straight wall steel garages provide the option of having side entry doors. This means that you don’t have to open your primary garage door each time you access the garage. For garages that need to be heated, having a side door prevents large amounts of heat from escaping by opening the main doors.
Customization options can be broken down into two categories – wants and needs.
- Side entry door
- Trims and colour choices
- Additions such as skylights and more specific customization options
- Size – length, width and height
- Secure endwalls with garage door openings
Straight Wall Metal Buildings
Straight wall steel garage kits are available with clear span frames or multi-span frames. The clear span frames and multi-span frame designs are available in one of four profiles that determine the shape and profile of the roof:
- Single slope, straight column frame – features a slightly sloped roof supported by straight columns.
- Single slope, tapered column frame – features a slightly sloped roof supported by tapered columns.
- Double slope, straight column frame – features a double slope roof supported by straight columns.
- Double slope, tapered column frame – features a double sloped roof supported by tapered columns.
Arch Style Metal Buildings
Arch-style steel buildings are available in many different variations, each of which determines the profile of the roof. When looking to build a garage, these are the recommended styles:
“A” Style – features straight sides and a peaked roof.
“X” Style – features sloped walls and a peaked roof.
“S” Style – features straight walls and a curved arch roof.
“Q” Style – features a single radius and a clear-span arch that touches the ground. This is the most traditional Quonset design.
There are also additional building styles that are better suited to other purposes, including:
“T” Style – features a half-arch with an open side.
“R” or “C” Style – features a curved roof with open sides supported with metal beams.
It is important to note that all arch-style steel buildings can be expanded with unlimited length should you require more space in the future.
Your choice of roof style will be impacted by the environment that the structure is going to be constructed. If your area receives heavy snow and rain, you will need to consider the slope of the roof
Other Uses of Garage Kits
Although garages are primarily used to store and protect vehicles, they can also be used in many other ways. If you have a lot of outdoor equipment, a metal garage is a perfect place to store it away. The same applies to seasonal decorations, recreational supplies such as fishing rods, golf equipment, and household items that need to be tucked out of view. You can also easily transform your garage into a home office, workshop, art studio, man-cave, extra bedroom, pool house, movie theatre, and much more.
How Do Our Garage Buildings Compare to Other Dealers?
There are many advantages that Toro offers that other dealers cannot match. These benefits differentiate us from the crowd and make us stand up above the rest. With our highly trained experts, friendly and committed team of customer service representatives, and premium quality structures, we are more than just metal building suppliers – we are a trusted and reliable building partner.
From the moment you contact us regarding your needs and vision, our team works closely with you every step of the way to ensure that your metal garage building meets your needs. This, coupled with the reasons listed below, allow our garage buildings to stand head and shoulders above the rest.
- Durability – We know that durability and longevity go hand in hand. For this reason, we focus heavily on providing you with metal garages that can withstand the harshest weather conditions for decades without losing their aesthetic appeal. This has allowed us to provide our customers with highly dependable structures that offer long-lasting functionality.
- Custom Designed – We allow you to design your garage to meet your exact needs and requirements. From experience, meeting these personal preferences and desires is key to making a building useful long into the future.
- Cost-Effective – Our metal buildings offer outstanding quality while remaining affordable. In contrast to more traditional buildings, the cost-savings over the life of the building are outstanding. Metal garages are the perfect solution for people looking for high-quality buildings at budget-friendly prices.
- Expert Advice – Part of what makes us stand out above the rest is our experienced, highly trained team of experts. These experts will help you select and design the best structure for your needs and answer all your questions.
- Safety – A key part of increasing the durability of a metal garage is minimizing potential points of failure and ensuring that the building will be safe for all those who use it. All metal buildings from Toro include safety features that help eliminate possible risks.
Frequently Asked Questions about Garage Kits
How Good are Metal Garages for US Locations?
Metal garages offer many advantages over other types of buildings that make them perfectly suited for any location. They offer superior strength and are pest and fire-resistant. They are also designed to withstand extreme weather conditions, including heavy rain, snow, hail, and thunderstorms. Steel garages are also easy to install and are exceptionally cost-effective over their lifespan.
Do Metal Garages Add Value to a Home?
Yes. Most realtors agree that installing a steel garage building can add significant value to your home. Their versatility, durability, affordability, and low maintenance requirements make them a great addition to a home.
Is a Detached Garage Better Than an Attached?
It depends. Although it can be slightly cheaper, your space is limited by the house space already in use with an attached garage. A detached garage provides more freedom to build, expand and re-imagine your space. It also allows more room for landscaping which further improves the property.
Are Metal Garages More Beneficial Than Garages Built with Traditional Materials?
Yes. Prefab garage building kits are designed and engineered to withstand even the harshest conditions for decades, whereas wood structures would rot, crack or be destroyed by insects in these conditions.
Choose Toro for Your Steel & Metal Garage Kits
Metal garages have proved to be a worthwhile investment for many. Regardless of your need or application, you can rest assured that a steel building kit will have everything you need to realize your vision. With superior customer service and high-quality, affordable metal buildings, Toro is a leading metal building supplier. You can get in touch with us to discuss your custom design and receive a free quote.