The oil and gas industry is considered one of the most dangerous industries in the world. This should come as no surprise to anyone that’s dealt with flammable chemicals, high-pressure processes, and huge equipment. As a result, creating safe working conditions in your buildings is essential to preventing potentially deadly and fatal incidents. Here at Toro, we can help increase safety in the oil and gas industry with our prefabricated steel buildings.
Why Steel Buildings are the Best for Oil & Gas Industry
Businesses in the oil and gas industry that are looking to construct a new building should consider doing so out of steel. Steel buildings are incredibly strong and durable, making them an excellent choice for any environment that deals with heavy machinery or volatile materials. The following are a few of the additional benefits of choosing a steel building for your oil and gas business:
- Construction Costs Reduced with Steel Construction: Steel buildings can be more cost effective than traditional construction methods. This is because steel frames are produced in bulk, and large sections can be quickly assembled on-site. As a result, you’re not sourcing all of your building materials from different suppliers, and you’re not paying to transport large amounts of material.
- Reduced Insurance: Steel buildings are known for their strength and durability, as well as their resistance to pests, mold, mildew, rot, and fire. As a result, insurance companies know that steel structures are less likely to suffer from the same types of damage, so they can offer a lower rate.
- Lower Labour Costs: Prefabricated steel buildings can be quickly and easily assembled on-site. This means that you don’t have to hire a lot of expensive labour, nor do you need to wait for months for the building to be completed. This, in turn, helps you reduce construction costs and get your business up and running faster.
- Open Interior: Steel buildings are incredibly versatile and are designed with clear-span frames. This allows you to store equipment and maneuver machinery easily.
- Lowering Long-Term Costs with Steel Buildings: Steel buildings are incredibly durable and require very little maintenance, so they are less likely to experience severe wear and tear over time. This means you won’t have to invest in costly repairs or replacements down the road, which helps to reduce your long-term costs.
- Energy Savings: Steel is much more energy efficient than wood and other materials because it doesn’t absorb and retain heat. This means that you can reduce your energy costs over the life of your building by choosing steel construction. It’s also easy to insulate a prefabricated metal building as well as add solar panels to a steel roof.
Building Safe Oil & Gas Buildings with Steel
There are countless reasons to choose a metal building, but there’s one reason that’s crucial to the oil and gas industry: safety. Steel buildings are safer than other types of buildings in the following ways:
- Fire-Resistant: Steel buildings are non-combustible and fire-resistant so that they can stand up to the risk of explosions and fires. This is especially important if your building deals with volatile materials or high-pressure processes.
- Proper Ventilation: Steel buildings can be easily designed with proper ventilation so that hazardous gases can be safely released. This is important in reducing the risk of contamination and the potential for respiratory issues and other health hazards.
- Reduced Insurance Costs: By improving the safety of your building, especially in a potentially dangerous industry, you have the potential to reduce your insurance costs.
- Wide Open Spaces: Because steel buildings are designed using clear-span frames, they don’t require load-bearing walls or columns. This can improve the safety of your building by providing open spaces that allow for better visibility and easier navigation, especially if large equipment is being used inside. Not to mention, it makes it easier to keep the space properly ventilated.
Choose the Right Steel Building for Your Needs
Steel buildings are incredibly flexible and versatile, which means that they can be used to address a wide range of needs, no matter what sector of the oil and gas industry you belong to. The following are a few examples of how steel buildings can be used in various sectors of the oil and gas industry:
- Gas: Steel buildings can be used to house important parts of the gas distribution process, such as compressors, meters, and other equipment. Steel buildings can be used in this sector for storage, compressor stations, processing plants, plant development, dehydration units, and pipeline projects.
- Oil: Steel buildings are perfect for oil production facilities due to their fire resistance and ability to stand up to volatile materials. They can also be used in oil storage areas since steel does not corrode. Steel buildings can be used in this sector for blending facilities, integrity digs, refinery construction, oil extraction, and well pads.
- Pipe Fabrication: Steel frames have the strength and durability to withstand heavy machinery and equipment, as well as the potential for intense heat during the welding process. Steel buildings can be used in this sector for tradesmen facilities, fabrication facilities, utility stations, and warehouses.
- Oil Sands: Steel buildings are perfect for oil sand projects due to their ability to stand up to extreme temperatures and the fact that they can be easily customized for specialized needs. They can be used in this sector for tradesmen facilities, tank farms, modules, structures, and treatment facilities.
Contact Us for a Customized Steel Building that Matches Your Needs
At Toro, we have the expertise and resources to design customized steel buildings for the oil and gas industry. With our commercial steel buildings, you can choose from a range of styles that are perfect for office spaces, retail shops, storage units, warehouses, industrial facilities, and more.
We also provide easy customization options so you can create a building that’s tailored to your exact requirements. For more information about our steel buildings, contact us online or call us at 1-877-870-8676 today.