There are countless benefits to constructing a metal building for use as a garage shop. They’re durable, long-lasting, and extremely versatile. They can also be pleasing to the eye.
Modern designs boast natural textures, accent colours, and details that are revolutionizing the look of metal garages. However, that doesn’t mean that there isn’t room for improvement. There are many ways to customize your metal building and enhance its aesthetic to boost your property’s curb appeal and create a more comfortable and welcoming atmosphere inside your garage.
12 Ways to Enhance the Look of Your Garage Shop
If you’re looking for ways you can enhance the look of your garage shop, then consider the following ideas:
- Install Exterior Lighting: Adding exterior lighting to your metal building can help to improve visibility for visitors and make your property look more inviting. This is especially true at night when the lights create an illuminated backdrop that can be seen from a distance. Not to mention that exterior lights can draw the eye to the entrance, creating a more welcoming feel.
- Gel-Stain Your Roll-Up Garage Door: If you’re looking for a way to add some colour and texture to your metal garage, consider gel-staining the roll-up door. Gel-staining involves applying a special solution that bonds with the metal, creating a matte finish that can be customized to whatever colour you choose. This is a great option since it can be done relatively easily and won’t require a permanent change to the structure itself.
- Paint Your Metal Garage with Accents: Accents are any design element that stands out from the primary colour palette and adds contrast. Whether it’s an accent wall, trim, or decorative piece, accents can help to add depth and definition to the overall look of your metal building. Painting your metal garage is a great way to do this. Choose a bold colour that complements the existing palette and apply it to a few select locations to add contrast.
- Add a Porch: Just because your metal building is meant to be used as a garage or workshop doesn’t mean you can’t add a porch for additional functionality. A covered porch can be used as a workspace and provide extra storage, making it the perfect addition to any metal building. Plus, it adds a level of sophistication and charm to the exterior and gives you a comfortable outdoor space where you can relax for a moment while taking a break from the task at hand.
- Landscape Around Your New Metal Garage: Landscaping can instantly transform a plain metal building into something much more inviting. Consider adding trees, shrubs, and flowers to the area around your metal garage, as well as other features like stone pathways and water features. This will help to create a more welcoming atmosphere and tie the entire design together.
- Exterior Wainscoting or Stone Siding: Adding wainscoting or stone siding to the exterior of your metal building is a great way to give it an upgraded look. Not only does it add texture and visual interest, but it also helps to protect the structure from the elements. Wainscoting can easily be painted or stained to match the exterior of your building, and stone siding can help to give it a more permanent, sophisticated look.
- Add Gutters to Your Metal Garage: Gutters aren’t just about keeping water away from your home – they can also enhance the look of your metal building. Installing gutters around the perimeter of your garage will add a nice, finished touch and provide additional protection from the elements.
- Put-up Solar Panels: Adding solar panels to your metal building is a great way to save on energy costs and also add visual interest. The panels can be mounted either directly onto the building or on a separate frame, and they come in many different styles. Not only do the panels look nice, but they also help to reduce your carbon footprint and make your building more environmentally friendly.
- Frame-out Dutch Corners: Dutch corners are pieces of trim installed at the corner joints of a building, creating an interesting visual effect. By framing out these corners with decorative trim, you can add contrast and depth to the design of your metal building. This is especially effective when combined with other accents like shutters or window boxes.
- Add Air Vents: Adding air vents is another way to give your metal building a more finished look. Vents can help to keep the interior temperature of your garage comfortable, and they can also be used to regulate airflow and reduce moisture.
- Custom Windows: Custom windows are a great way to bring natural light into your metal building and add an appealing look. There are many different shapes, sizes, and styles available, so you can easily find the perfect window to suit your needs. Plus, they come in a variety of colours and finishes, so you can customize them to match the existing design of your building.
- Add Shutters: Shutters are a great way to add colour and texture to your metal building’s exterior. Not only do shutters look nice, but they can also provide extra security and help to shield the interior of your building from strong winds.
Get the Best Customization Options from Toro Steel
In addition to selling a wide range of metal garage building kits that can be prefabricated to your specifications, we also offer various customization options to improve the function and aesthetic of your garage shop. Some of our customization options include man doors, overhead doors, insulation, skylights, and vents.
To request a free estimate, fill out our online form or call us at 1-877-870-8676 today.